Thursday, February 19, 2009

Fallout 3 - First Impression


No doubt, Fallout is a popular series PC game that has released home video game for different consoles recently. My first experience will be on PS3 version. Some said it is a similar genre to [The Elder Scroll IV: Oblivon]. Yuo have choice of 1st and 3rd person view and the freedom of this game is endless. You have karma level to manage throughout the game, this mean you can be either Devil or Angel. A choice of life....this is what I believe..you just choose a life.

The first mission after escape from the Vault is head to Megaton, a place where you can get medicines, food and etc. A must go place before you start you journey. I don't use to those heavy dialogues where you need to interact with all the persons in Megaton. I almost give up at this stage as it is boring and the reason I choose this game is the cover attracts me. I thought this is an action game that I can be the guy with heavy armor and shot the hell of all the villians. Now i know it is a long journey to be the guy in the cover. Far far away...need to explore every day. Countless hours neede to accomplish and fully enjoy this game.



After I completed a quest that gain me a free house that I can use for recover my HP and etc. I decided to go further to play this game and started enjoy the story. the battle system is kind of cool. it is called VAT mode. You can choose body parts to to attack with your melee weapons. Something that I haven't try before in other games.



There are a lot more to discover in this game, you can make own weapons with all materials or junk parts that you find from the wasteland. Caps is like money, ammunations, medicines, food, weapons, armor and lots more are essentials items for you to survive in this game.

I can't wait to explore more in the future. this game reminds me of watching Mad Max with Mel Gibsons starring as a doomsday savior. So now I will be someone like him in this game...muahaha...you bet.

I highly recommended this game for those who never try out something like this. You will go into an experience that is full of surprises and satisfaction of shooting villians.

No comments:

Post a Comment